Policy Statement Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
It is our policy to conduct our business only after taking foremost account of the Health and Safety of those involved, including others potentially affected as well as safeguarding the Environment.
Without exception, work will not start or continue if it cannot be done safely or without due consideration to health and/or the environment.
Our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) objectives have equal status with other business objectives and those responsible have the primary responsibility to achieve them, through the implementation of relevant HSE initiatives and programs.
Every individual is responsible for his or her own safety and well-being, and is therefore required to take the appropriate step(s) to realize this.
Within the framework of this policy and in full compliance with the legislation as well as our clients’ requirements, we strive to:
- Prevent all injurious workplace accidents and occupational illnesses
- Work with zero damage to assets and towards prevention of pollution
- Create a safe and healthy workplace
- Create a culture for only safe, healthy and environmental friendly work practices
- Protect the environment by prevention of pollution, reduce waste and minimize the consumption of resources
- Ensure continuous improvement in all aspects of HSE program implementation and performance
We seek to achieve our goals and objectives through:
- Hazards and aspects identification, and risk assessment before every activity
- Hazards and aspects elimination where practicable or otherwise to have controls put in place to manage and mitigate the consequences
- Prevention or mitigation of adverse environmental impacts
- Personnel skills acquisition and competence, consistent with the needs of the activity
- Provision and use of “fit-for-purpose” Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We strive to be the partner of choice by our business associates and clientele in all sectors of our businesses. Our Health, Safety and Environment performance is, we believe, the ultimate measure of our business success.