PERSONAL DATA POLICY AND NOTICE
This personal data policy and notice (“Policy”) is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). The main purpose of this Policy is to help you better understand the reasons and purposes for personal data processing by Dialog Group Berhad, its subsidiaries, affiliate and associated companies (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, “our” or “ours”) as well as the Company’s commitment to ensure that your data is securely kept and processed.
Please read this Policy carefully. This Policy may be changed or updated from time to time.
- Types of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, contact numbers, email details, bank details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, previous employment details, personal interests, expertise, experiences, directorship, shareholding or ownership, any information about you which you have provided to us in application forms, or any other similar forms and may include sensitive personal data such as data relating to physical or mental health, religious beliefs , political opinions, other similar beliefs, commission of offence or alleged commission of offence.
However, if we collect your sensitive personal data, the reasons for doing so will be explained to you and the data will not be processed by us without your consent unless authorised by the Act or any laws or regulations.
- Source of Personal Data
In addition to information you provide to us directly, we may collect your Personal Data from various reference checks, background checks or from governmental authorities or third party sources or providers (whether public or private).
- Why We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data that are necessary for us to perform the business and activities of the Company. These may include: -
- To communicate with you such as responding to your enquiries;
- For employment opportunities with us;
- Where you are a director or shareholder of a company that has any dealings or intends to have any dealings, transactions or activities with us;
- For the Company’s banking facilities and all forms of fund raising requirements;
- Internal record keeping, maintenance and updating of any information database(s) and other administrative purposes, including audits, fraud monitoring and prevention;
- To facilitate delivery of services or products to or from you;
- To facilitate the marketing and promotion of services and products, presently or in the future;
- To conduct marketing and profiling activities in connection with the business of our Company;
- For evaluation and due diligence purposes;
- Performance management;
- Application to the relevant authorities or bodies for relevant permits or licenses;
- Submission of tenders or proposals to customers or clients or prospective customers/clients of the Company;
- Providing services to clients and customers;
- Monitor access to the workplace, related facilities and systems; and/or
- To conduct research, market surveys and trend analysis;
- Any other purposes carried out by the Company to operate and manage its business activities and group of companies, such as corporate exercises, execution of legal agreements, commercial negotiation and discussions;
- Other reasons that are required or permitted under the Act or under any other laws or incidental or associated to the purposes stated above.
It is important that you provide us with the necessary Personal Data for the communication, promotion and delivery of our services and products.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential. However, it may be necessary for us to provide or disclose or process your Personal Data to or by the following categories of persons (whether within or outside Malaysia) and where we do so, we would merely disclose Personal Data that is necessary for such disclosure:
- entities within the Company including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies;
- anybody or person to whom the Company is compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, agency and body (e.g. Companies Commission of Malaysia, Registrar of Business, National Registration Department, Director General of Insolvency; land office);
- law enforcement authorities or agencies;
- third party service or product providers (e.g banks and financial institutions, credit bureaus and agencies, auditors, lawyers, company secretaries, service providers, insurance companies, events and training providers, telecommunications companies, cloud computing or data back-up service providers and other advisers);
- customers and clients of the Company;
- joint venture partners of the Company;
- your referees;
Your Personal Data may also be disclosed in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a division, merger, consolidation or asset sale or in the unlikely event of a winding-up.
Security and Safeguards
We will continuously implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request for access to and the correction of your Personal Data. You may contact us by writing to us if you wish to request for access to your Personal Data that we retain about you, request for your Personal Data retained by us to be corrected, or withdraw your consent to the processing or use of your Personal Data by us. Any such requests can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, failure to obtain such Personal data may result in us not being able to provide and/or continue to provide employment or any or all of the products and services to you.
Should you require further information about the personal data we hold or the way in which your information is being collected or used which are not answered by this Privacy Notice, please write to us at: email@example.com.